We have aggregated some excellent website links comparing the best home security systems for 2022. If you’re ready to step up your home security this year, you have a lot of choices. It’s never been more affordable for the average homeowner to find an easy-to-install security system than it is today.
It’s time to keep your family and property safe from porch pirates, prowlers, burglars, and other dangerous home invaders. We’ve prepared a list of the best home security systems for 2022.
At the top are home security systems designed to monitor your home from wherever you are on earth using smart technology. Remember, insurance companies often offer discounts on homeowners’ insurance policies.
However, it’s up to you to decide! See what you think by visiting these websites:
Do-It-Yourself (DIY) Home Security Systems
DIY (do-it-yourself) alarm systems are an excellent fit for people who are good with technology and want to build their security system. And DIY home security is the way to go for people who don’t want a hard-wired system in their homes. It’s almost always simple to remove and take to your next home when you move.
- Top 6 DIY Home Security Systems of 2022. – This article by ThisOldHouse.com provides a list of six DIY security systems that meet the needs of most homeowners, including medical alerts and no-contact.
- Best DIY Home Security Systems in 2022. – TomsGuide.com presents nine DIY security systems that are easy to install, including motion and entry sensors and other features, each with a monthly fee.
- Best DIY Home Security Systems of 2022. – Safewise.com compares ten DIY home security systems, including their Top 4 picks for ‘best overall, best upgrades, smart homes, and customer satisfaction.
- Best DIY Home Security Systems for 2022. – CNET.com tested and recommended three home security systems that are ‘most affordable’ and avoid ‘hidden fees.’
Hardwired Home Security Systems
Some people are better off with a hardwired security system. Hardwired security systems are considered more reliable and will work even if you lose your internet connection. These systems are less likely to be hacked, jammed, or have other security problems.
- Top 5 Wired Camera Systems in 2022. – SafeHome.org recommends five wired home security systems that they claim are “… a stable, reliable connection that’s not susceptible to interference.”
- 5 Best Wired Security Camera Systems of 2022. – Anthony Bahn, a US Navy veteran and technology expert, provides his list of the top-of-the-line wired security camera systems on the market today.
- Top 5 Wired Security Systems. – Jonas Muthoni, author, and creative strategist, offers his list of the best wired security CCTV systems in the US. His ‘best pick’ is Google Nest for indoor use.
- Best Hardwired Security Systems. – Security.org believes that ‘hardwired’ may be a better option over wireless systems because they can’t be ‘jammed’ and ‘work even if the internet goes down.’ Their best pick is ADT!
Outdoor All-Weather Security Cameras
If you live in an area with occasional severe weather, you need an outdoor security camera that can take extreme cold, heat, rain, or even sandstorms. Cameras have changed a lot in the last ten or twelve years. You can get great outdoor cameras that don’t get wet. Check out our top picks for outdoor weatherproof cameras that will keep working in the summer heat or the winter cold.
- The Best Outdoor Security Cameras. – Wired.com recommends six systems that are weatherproof deterrence against burglaries, home invasions, and porch pirates. They also tell you which systems to avoid.
- Best Outdoor Security Cameras in 2022. – TomsGuide.com tested more than a dozen outdoor security cameras, and their pick is the Nest Cam (Battery) as the best overall.
- The Best Outdoor Home Security Cameras for 2022. – PC Magazine tested 39 products and recommended 12 camera systems for outdoor security designed to withstand rain, snow, and extreme temperatures.
- Best Outdoor Security Cameras of 2022. – Consumer Reports lists five outdoor security cameras, primarily wireless and powered by rechargeable batteries.
Common Home Security Mistakes
Thieves will take advantage whenever possible to grab your valuables from your home. We see these unfortunate crimes in the news all the time. It’s up to us to ensure our homes are safe and secure. Yet people keep making mistakes with the home security that practically begs thieves to enter.
- Do You Have One of the Worst Security Codes? – Ackerman tells us that one analysis of almost 3.5 million home security system codes is ‘1234.’ In fact, repeated number codes like ‘4567’ or ‘0987’ are also terrible security risks.
- 11 Common Home Security Mistakes That Put You at Risk. – Family Handyman points out that people who design their property to provide ‘privacy’ may place their homes at excessive risk.
- 10 Home Security Mistakes You Really Need to Avoid Making. – MUO explains that many homeowners commonly expose their homes to avoidable security risks. Do you make any of these mistakes?
- The Worst Home Security According to Consumer Reports. – Reader’s Digest shares Consumer Reports’ opinion on the three home security systems that rated poorly. Two of these systems are deadbolts that may fail to prevent break-ins. They also provide better-rated alternatives.
- Best Colors to Help a House Sell in 2022
- How to Prepare Your Home for a Natural Disaster
- The Best First-Time Home Buying Guide
- Ultimate Guide to Complete Home Maintenance
- Awesome Home Improvement Advice
- About Us