The fact is many homeowners are satisfied with plain ole homes and gardens. Most people work for a living, and many do not have much spare time to spend landscaping their yard beyond everyday chores like mowing the lawn. This is especially true if there are kids around the house. Home landscaping comes with a price tag and, of course, takes time and effort.
On the other hand, plenty of us enjoy spending a little time and money making our property an attractive place of color and interest. We do what we can to make our home as charming as possible.
Return on Ivestment
One thing that is almost universally acknowledged is that landscaping can be expensive. Yet, homeowners can get a good return on their investment. A good layout is one of the keys to successfully landscaping your yard. A good layout is one of the keys to successfully landscaping your yard.
This can seem hard at first. But all you have to do is think about how you want to use the space. Figure out how to make it both beautiful and useful. Start by picturing your perfect yard, and then make a plan to make it happen.
“Landscaping can and does add value to the home,” said Jeff Johnson, owner and acquisition manager at Simple Homebuyers. “Studies have shown that the value added to a home with landscaping can go up to nearly 13%. Gardens are integral parts of a complete home, which is why they have the potential to add value.”
If you’re considering some outdoor upgrades this year, here are some excellent online resources to browse through.
How Important is Landscaping to Home Value?
Very! Numerous studies concluded that the implementation of a landscaping plan resulted in significant increases in the overall value of homes. The exterior of your home is often people’s first impression, and this impression can be difficult to change.
Giving careful thought to how your landscaping looks is one way to make your home more valuable. Some industry experts say that keeping your landscaping in good shape could add as much as 10 to 20 percent to the value of your home.
The aesthetic appeal and the market value of your home can benefit from professional-looking landscaping. You can reduce the money you spend on heating and cooling your home by planting trees and shrubs. These provide shade and protection from the wind.
- Does Landscaping Increase Your Property Value?
- Lawn and Landscape Items That Increase, Decrease Home Value
- 10 Landscaping Projects That Add Value To Your Home
- 14 Landscaping Features That Can Hurt Your Home Value
Curb Appeal Projects
Small, cheap DIY projects for your yard and home can make a big difference in how your house looks from the street. A little paint can make a big difference. It’s one of the easiest and cheapest things you can do yourself. It might be as easy as painting the front door!
We all know about the difficulty of stalled home sales and the current combination of inflation and recessionary trends across the country. It’s safe to say that if you want to sell, you’ll need to work hard to compete for top dollar. But just because demand may be falling, and mortgage rates are going up doesn’t mean you shouldn’t try to add value to your home in the eyes of the buyer.
- Incredible Before-and-After Home Exteriors to Inspire Your Next Renovation
- 12 Easy and Inexpensive Ways to Upgrade Your Home’s Exterior
- 12 Exterior Home Improvements That Delight and Add Value
- Curb Appeal Before and After Gallery
The outside of your home needs the same attention to detail as the inside. Well-executed landscaping ideas can make your whole house look better. The right plants, flowers, and shrubs can make a big difference in your yard’s landscaping.
If you have young kids, think about what they might like, like a big grassy area, a playground, or a swing set. People usually think of landscapes mainly for their looks, but you can add things to your landscape design to make it as useful as possible. The garden can be set up as a place for parties and play, with places to sit, eat, play, and relax in the sun or shade.
- 70 Best Backyard Ideas That Won’t Break the Bank
- 44 Great Backyard Landscaping Ideas
- 24 Budget-Friendly Backyard Ideas to Create the Ultimate Outdoor Getaway
- 10 Ideas for Backyard Landscaping on a Budget
Front Yard Ideas
When people drive by the house, they first see your front yard and entrance. If it doesn’t look good, most people might assume that the rest of the house is neglected too. If a well-kept front yard can make even an ugly house look better, think what a well-kept lawn can do for a beautiful house.
You can do a lot of different things in your front yard. The possibilities are unlimited. True, you might not have much money to spend on landscaping. But you don’t need a lot of money to make your front yard look nice, desirable, and beautiful. Here are some easy-to-do things you can do to make your front yard look nice.
- 80 Lush Landscaping Ideas for Your Front Yard
- 50 Brilliant Front Garden and Landscaping Projects You’ll Love
- Front Yard Landscaping Ideas & Designs
- 65 Best Front Yard Landscaping Ideas
Landscaping Design Styles
You should always choose a style of landscaping that fits the character of your home. A good rule of thumb to follow when choosing a landscape and design style is to match the architectural style of your house. There are different ways to decorate whether you live in a modern ranch, a colonial house, country cottage, or a beach bungalow.
- 9 Types of Landscaping Styles to Consider
- 31 of the most popular garden design styles
- Landscape Design Ideas, Styles, and Themes
- Guide to Landscape Design
Winter Interest Shrubs & Ideas
Many homeowners like to landscape with shrubs and trees that look good in the winter. The idea is to make the winter landscape more exciting and beautiful to compensate for the lack of spring flowers and green leaves. You can make your winter landscape look better by choosing winter plants for gardens that have decorative qualities.
Even though winter days are cold and gloomy, that doesn’t mean you can’t attract birds to your backyard with colorful shrubs that have winter interest. Many of these plants are evergreen shrubs, meaning their leaves stay green even when it’s cold outside. Read on to learn about winter-interest plants
- 10 Best Plants for Winter Landscapes
- 6 Winter Landscaping Tips for Boosting the Color in Your Yard All Season Long
- Create a Garden with Great Winter Interest
- 12 Easy Ways to Create Curb Appeal in Winter
Major Exterior Project Ideas
When you own a house with a backyard, one of the best things is that you can make that outside space fit your personal preferences. The backyard should be a place to relax and entertain friends.
With some powerful exterior design ideas, you can make a lively garden in your front yard and a beautiful landscaping project in your back yard. Find ideas for everything. Think relaxing and entertaining on a spacious deck or patio. Or, accent pieces like a pool, fire pit, outdoor furniture, and lighting.
- 17 Exterior Home Remodeling and Renovation Ideas
- House Exterior Design: 11 Ways to Upgrade the Look of Your Home
- The Real Costs of Giving Your Home an Exterior Upgrade
- 10 Ways To Bring Charm To Your Home’s Exterior
- How to Improve Your Home Garden
- Awesome Home Improvement Advice
- Ultimate Guide to Complete Home Maintenance
- The Best First-Time Home Buying Guide
- About Us